Why do I get a security warning when I try to open up the file?

Why do I get a security warning when I try to open up the file?

Andrew Wilcox
Administrator
The security warning is how Microsoft lets you know that the file you are about to open contains macros.  Macros are bits of code developed in Visual Basic to perform the tasks of managing your data.  We have used this code to develop Open Auction.

We have added a level of protection for you by adding a digital signature to our code.  This signature by EverAge Consulting Inc. is to ensure that the source code has not been altered in any way from our original code base.

To use the Open Auction spreadsheet, you must enable macros; otherwise the app simply will not work.  If you do not wish to see this message each time you open the file, you can select the "Always trust macros from this publisher" checkbox, and then click the "Enable Macros" button.

Re: Why do I get a security warning when I try to open up the file?

Stan Silvert
I don't mind the ActiveX warning, but the digital certificate is expired so I can't be sure that my download was not tampered with.  Can you update your cert?

BTW, I get this alert:
http://pasteboard.co/2kiBO9hv.png

I'd love to try your software, but I don't want to take a chance on infecting my computer.

Thanks.