Part of Group

tlillys
First of all, thanks for posting this spreadsheet template - very handy!

I'm trying to understand how the "Part of Group" identifier works within the context of the application.  From playing around with the All Items tab and the Reports tab, I've drawn the following conclusions (or confusions, possibly :) ).  Please let me know if I've got this right or not:

In order to use the Part of Group feature, it appears that there should be 1 item that represents the parent or collection of individual items - the group.  It appears that this item should not have a cost associated with it (the cost of the collection did not seem to be reflected in the Auctioneers Items report).

Items to be added as the individual components of the collection or group should be assigned the name of the parent item.  For example, we have one vendor/person that offers multiple versions of the same service - brush removal.  So I created an item to serve as the collection - Brush Removal Services and then added three instances of Brush Removal valued at $50 each and added them to the Group.

When I look at the short list report, the Group item is listed - none of the individuals in the group.  The auctioneers report has the group listed as well as an indented list of the items and a total value of the grouped items.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

Ted Lillys

Re: Part of Group

Andrew Wilcox
Administrator
Hi Ted,

You are correct.  You need to create a parent items that holds the others.  We usually use this for baskets made up of smaller items.

Best of luck with your auction.

TIP: Create a copy of your file before the event, and run a test auction to make sure you are comfortable with the features before the real day.  Things will go much smoother.

Andy