Category - Dropdown options

Deirdre
Hi Andy,

I just downloaded this and am really excited to use it but I can't get the category field to work properly.  The dropdown menu is blank and when I type in the category (e.g., Silent Auction), the system won't let me save it.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you,
Deirdre

Re: Category - Dropdown options

Andrew Wilcox
Administrator
Hi Deirdre,

Did you enable the macros.  They are required to populate the pulldown.

Andy

Re: Category - Dropdown options

Becca Baker
Actually I am seeing a similar issue.  I have enabled macros and have no trouble using them *until* I try to save the workbook.

The download shows as an Excel 97-2003 version, and I am using Office 2013.  if I try to save the file, it gives a pop up saying "One or more cells in this workbook contain data validation rules which refer to values on other worksheets. These data validation rules will not be saved." and then says the location is DB_System and DB_All Items.

i am able to save the file, but then none of those dropdowns will populate.

Re: Category - Dropdown options

Lance
The category drop-down is blank for me as well.  I have macros enabled on Excel 2010.